Honors and Awards
- IEEE Fellow, 2001.
- IEEE Third Millennium Medal, 2000.
- Eta Kappa Nu, C. Holmes MacDonald National Outstanding Teacher Award, 1996.
- Auburn University Birdsong Merit Teaching Award, 1998.
- Auburn University Alumni Undergraduate Teaching Excellence Award, 1999.
- Auburn University Alumni Engineering Council Outstanding Research Award, 1996.
- Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award, 1994.
- IEEE Electron Device Society Distinguished Lecturer, 1994.
- Sigma Xi Scientific Research Honor Society, 1990.
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society, 1983.
- Sigma Pi Sigma Physics Honor Society, 1983.
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, 1980.
Professional Society Service
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 12/05-Present.
- Associate Editor, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, 8/98-8/01.
- Guest Editor, IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, 03-06.
- Guest Editor, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Special Issue on “Device Integration Technology for RF and Mixed-Signal SOC,” 3/03.
- Program Chair, 1998 IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference.
- IEEE Electron Device Society Distinguished Lecturer, 9/94-present.
- IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Service Award, “For Outstanding Contributions as Technical Program Chair of the 1998 ISSCC,” 4/98.
- Chair, Device Physics Subcommittee, IEEE Bipolar/BiCMOS Circuits and Technology Meeting, 9/96-9/99.
- Chair, Technology Directions Subcommittee, IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference, 2/99-2/01.
Industrial Awards / Recognition (IBM Corporation)
- General Manager’s Excellence Award, “For contributions to IBM’s SiGe Technology Program,” 1999
- Research Division Award, “For contributions to ATx-4 device and technology learning and to circuit performance evaluation,” 1993
- Invention Achievement Award, for patent disclosures, 1991
- Patent Application Award, for filed patent, 1990